The Library seeks to acquire new and relevant books, CDs, DVDs, music scores, and other materials across all subjects taught and researched at New College:
- through the selective purchasing of required and recommended materials on reading lists, which support taught courses in the College
- in response to recommendations and requests made by current academic and student members of the College
- through the receipt of donations made to the Library by current members of New College, Old Members, and other friends of the College
- by building on existing collection strengths and to support current and future research at New College
- through the acquisition, by donation and purchase, of modern antiquarian materials and of early printed books and manuscripts which develop our outstanding special collections.
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
We welcome and invite recommendations for new book purchases from current New College students and academics.
If there is a book (or other item) which you require that the Library does not hold, please email the Librarian with your book purchase requests.