Monthly acquisitions lists are available for you to view from 2019 onwards.
The Library seeks to acquire new and relevant books, CDs, DVDs, music scores, and other materials across all subjects taught and researched at New College:
- through the selective purchasing of required and recommended materials on reading lists, which support taught courses in the College
- in response to recommendations and requests made by current academic and student members of the College
- through the receipt of donations made to the Library by current members of New College, Old Members, and other friends of the College
- by building on existing collection strengths and to support current and future research at New College
- through the acquisition, by donation and purchase, of modern antiquarian materials and of early printed books and manuscripts which develop our outstanding special collections.
We welcome and invite recommendations for new book purchases from current New College students and academics.
If there is a book (or other item) which you require that the Library does not hold, you should email the Librarian with your book purchase requests. Please first refer to our guidelines on how to make book purchase requests.
Connect With Us
Listen to our podcast of Fellows and Old Members reading short passages of writing that are significant to them.
Our readings have been assembled into a collection that will remain here for you to enjoy.
Discover more about New College