“The collections held in the Group Study Room remain available to you as before.”
The Group Study Room is situated on the Lower Floor of the Library.
The provision to study in groups in New College Library is currently suspended due to social distancing requirements.
The Group Study Room contains our General Interest Collection, comprising:
- Literature (primarily for leisure reading) — shelfmarks beginning LIT/. (Please note: literature supporting courses for English, Classics, Modern and Middle Eastern Languages, and Oriental Studies students is classified within the Library’s main book sequence.)
- Biography — shelfmarks beginning BIO/
- Travel Guides — shelfmarks beginning TG/
- Very Short Introductions — shelfmarks beginning VSI/
- Student Welfare and Study Skills Collection — shelfmarks beginning WEL/ and STU/
The Group Study Room also holds key reference works useful for Music and History students and researchers, and all Library readers:
- The New Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th edn. — REF/BRI (also online)
- The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians — REF/GRO (Oxford Music Online is the gateway to Grove Music Online)
- The New Grove Dictionary of Musical Instruments — REF/GRO
- The New Grove Dictionary of Opera — REF/GRO
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography — REF/DNB (also online)
The Room contains lesser-used (secondary sequence) Classics books too — shelfmarks beginning OO