“Any current New College student may book the Group Study Room.”
The Group Study Room is situated on the Lower Floor of the Library.
New College students may book the Group Study Room for a duration of 30 minutes at a time, with the first slot commencing at 9.00 am and the last at 7.30 pm, all seven days a week.
The Group Study Room contains some general interest book collections:
- Biography — shelfmarks beginning BIO/
- Travel Guides — shelfmarks beginning TG/
- Very Short Introductions — shelfmarks beginning VSI/
(The University moved to a new library management system and updated SOLO in August 2023; some links to catalogue records from New College Library webpages will be unavailable for a period of time.)
The Group Study Room holds key reference works useful for Music and History students and researchers, and all Library readers:
- The New Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th edn. — REF/BRI (also online)
- The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians — REF/GRO (Oxford Music Online is the gateway to Grove Music Online)
- The New Grove Dictionary of Musical Instruments — REF/GRO
- The New Grove Dictionary of Opera — REF/GRO
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography — REF/DNB (also online)
The Room also contains lesser-used (secondary sequence) Classics books too — shelfmarks beginning OO