“Book the Library’s Group Study Room!”
Do you need to book a room in the Library for group working with other students? Any current New College student may book the Group Study Room.
You can book it for a duration of two hours at a time, for:
- 9-11 am
- 11 am-1 pm
- 1-3 pm
- 3-5 pm
- 5-7 pm
- or, for one hour, from 7-8 pm
all seven days a week.
The Group Study Room contains our General Interest Collection, comprising:
- Literature (primarily for leisure reading) — shelfmarks beginning LIT/. (Please note: literature supporting courses for English, Classics, Modern and Middle Eastern Languages, and Oriental Studies students is classified within the Library’s main book sequence.)
- Biography — shelfmarks beginning BIO/
- Travel Guides — shelfmarks beginning TG/
- Very Short Introductions — shelfmarks beginning VSI/
- Student Welfare and Study Skills Collection — shelfmarks beginning WEL/ and STU/
The Group Study Room also holds key reference works useful for Music and History students and researchers, and all Library readers:
- The New Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th edn. — REF/BRI (also online)
- The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians — REF/GRO (Oxford Music Online is the gateway to Grove Music Online)
- The New Grove Dictionary of Musical Instruments — REF/GRO
- The New Grove Dictionary of Opera — REF/GRO
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography — REF/DNB (also online)
The Room contains lesser-used (secondary sequence) Classics books too — shelfmarks beginning OO
Please come and see a member of Library staff in the Library Office, or email us, if you require any assistance with your Library Group Study Room booking. We welcome your feedback about the Group Study Room and any suggestions you may have about improving the service we provide you.