The University’s e-resources are available to all current members of New College, Oxford, complementing New College Library’s important physical collections.
- Getting Started
- Top e-Resources across Multiple Subjects
- Your Subject at New College
- Accessing e-Resources — Induction Video
You can connect most easily and seamlessly to the University’s e-resources if you start your search in SOLO, especially if you are unused to accessing specialist e-resources in your subject.
- Over 1,500 databases, listed A-Z. Home in on your subject in this list, using the subject drop-down provided.
- Over 28,000 ejournals, listed A-Z. This lists which ones are available, but do keyword searches in SOLO to discover ejournal articles useful to you.
- Ebooks findable via SOLO. Do you want to limit your SOLO search to ebooks and not print copies? Filter your search results in SOLO using the Show only: options on the left: click Online Resources
(The University moved to a new library management system and updated SOLO in August 2023; some links to catalogue records from New College Library webpages will be unavailable for a period of time.)
The most important databases across the board — multi-disciplinary, and providing access to an exceptional range of academic content:
Listed below is an Oxford LibGuide for each subject taught at New College, Oxford — along with two recommendations per subject from your Librarian, for more specialist databases.
You may find the databases in related subjects useful to you as well, because there is often a lot of subject overlap: