‘Returns’ within the Library building are available to current New College students and academics.
‘Returns’— bring back your loans by their due date (or recall date)
Our ‘Returns’ service provides current New College students and staff with a straightforward means to return their loaned books (CDs, DVDs, music scores) borrowed from New College Library.
- Current New College students and staff may return books they have borrowed from New College Library 10 am till 12.30 pm and 1.00 pm till 3.00 pm, Mondays to Fridays. (For admittance to the building, please ensure you arrive in the Library no later than 12.20 pm and 2.50 pm, respectively.)
- Return your loans in person, by coming to the Library.
- Readers should queue to enter the Library, if required, from the New Buildings’ side. Please use the hand-sanitiser dispenser available outside the Library before entering the building.
- Depending upon the weather, you may find the front doors to the Library kept open for ‘Returns’ to minimise surface contact. (An appropriate fire door mechanism is installed.)
- Readers will wear a face covering while in the Library. We encourage and remind all readers to sanitise or wash their hands regularly (gloves will also be available for readers in the entrance hall).
- All returns should be placed in the slotted book return boxes in the Library entrance hall.
- Returns will be processed throughout the day by Library staff, who will wear gloves in order to carry this out. We shall aim to deal with returns regularly, but there will always be a short period of time when a book you have returned will still be recorded as out on loan to you.
- To ensure the safety of readers and staff, books will be quarantined before they are returned to the shelves, so returned books will not be available straightaway to be borrowed again.