Dieter Helm, CBE
DPhil (Economics) Oxford, Fellow in Economics, New College
Professor of Economic Policy, University of Oxford
Chairman of the Natural Capital Committee, Defra
Microeconomics, Public Economics, Energy and the Environment
- Political economy of the state
- Environmental subjects, notably biodiversity and climate change.
Selected Major Publications
- Helm, D. R. (2017), “Cost of Energy - Independent Review -”, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
- Helm, D. R. (2013), “Burn Out: the endgame for fossil fuels”, London, Yale University Press.
- Helm, D. R. (2013), "Trade, climate change and the political game theory of border carbon adjustments", with Cameron Hepburn and Giovanni Ruta, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Volume 28(2)
- Helm, D. R. (2015), "The Carbon crunch - how we are getting climate change wrong and how to fix it", revised paperback, London, Yale University Press.
- Helm, D. R. (2012), "The sustainable borders of the state", Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Volume 27(4)
- Helm, D. R. and Hepburn, C. (eds), (2009), “The Economics and Politics of Climate Change”, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
- Helm, D. R. (ed) (2007), 'The New Energy Paradigm', Oxford, Oxford University Press.
- Helm, D. R. (2004), "Energy, the State, and the Market: British Energy Policy since 1979", revised edition, Oxford, Oxford University Press.