Step Up - our Outreach initiative is expanding!
We are delighted to announce that our Outreach initiative, Step Up, will be expanding for the new academic year (2019/20), taking our total number of partner state schools and sixth form colleges up to 30.
We have made a conscious effort to expand to different areas of the country and as a result, our newest partner schools come from a variety of different regions - we will now be working with schools from Devon, Norfolk, and Cumbria (among others!)
Our new partner schools are:
- Cardiff High School, Cardiff
- City of Norwich School, Norwich
- Gower College (and local partner schools), Swansea
- Honiton Community College, Honiton, Devon
- Larkmead School, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- Newcastle Sixth Form College, Newcastle
- Notre Dame High School, Norwich
- The Bishop of Winchester Academy, Bournemouth
- The King's School, Ottery St Mary, Devon
- The Priory Ruskin Academy, Grantham, Lincolnshire
- Ullswater Community College, Penrith, Cumbria
"We are extremely pleased to be expanding our Step Up programme in 2019/20 to work with state schools and sixth form colleges in a wide range of regions across England and Wales. At New College, we strongly believe that nurturing a sustained relationship with students, teachers, and parents, is the most effective way to fully support, and hopefully inspire, talented students who might not have otherwise considered Oxford to be a realistic ambition."
- Daniel Powell, Head of Outreach
For more information about Step Up, including a full list of all of our partner schools, please visit www.new.ox.ac.uk/step-up