Queer Love & Literature
10am–4pm, 25 February 2023 in Lecture Room 4, New College
New College Library, Oxford is putting on its second subject exhibition of the academic year, ‘Queer Love & Literature’.
As part of LGBTQ+ History Month, we shall showcase books and manuscripts from our spectacular collections featuring queer stories, histories, and authors.
- A 15th-century manuscript copy of Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales
- Early printed books relating to King James VI and I (1566–1625), king of Scotland, England, and Ireland
- Oscar Wilde’s Ravenna (1878), inscribed by the author
- A fine calligraphic manuscript copy of an unpublished poem ‘The Appeal of Eros to Apollo’ (1916) by New College alumnus and foremost art and antiquities collector Edward Perry Warren (1860–1928)
- A first-edition copy of Virginia Woolf’s Orlando (1928)
- Novels by bestselling author and New College alumnus Patrick Gale (b. 1962)
The exhibition is free and open to all. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.