Jonathan BlackMEng Camb, MA Oxf
Professorial Fellow; IT Fellow; Director of the University Careers Service
Jonathan joined the Careers Service as Director in March 2008. Prior to this he held a number of senior commercial roles including
- Senior Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Senior Vice President, Finance & Operations at two international publishing companies
- Co-founder and Director of an internet start-up that was successfully sold to Reed Elsevier
- Director of Strategy at Times Mirror, Los Angeles
- Director of Corporate Affairs, Said Business School, University of Oxford
He has worked in California (for four years), London and Oxford.
He is a Chair of Minervation - an Oxford University spin-out company, and a Director of Modern Art Oxford. He holds an Engineering Degree from Cambridge University and now lives in Oxford with his wife (with a successful medical career) and two teenage children (deciding what careers to follow).
We regularly research what occupations students are interested in and why; and also why students might be uninterested in certain occupations. From this we draw lessons on whether the employers could do a better job explaining the careers they offer, and whether students are misinformed or not.
We also regularly research employers to find out why they recruit at Oxford. We learn what strengths and weaknesses employers consider Oxford students have; we adjust our programs to fill in the skills gaps and highlight potential weak areas to students
Telephone Number: 01865 284632
Fellows & Staff